Researchers have found that caffeine stimulates your nervous system, facilitating coordination, improving your mood and your motivation.
In the morning, afternoon, night … there will always be an excuse to have caffeine from food references. Although much has been said about the negative effects it brings to health, the fact is that different studies show that in addition to delicious, it’s also healthy.
Sure, when consumed in moderation without too many ‘dressing’, says Huffington Post, which also cites some benefits.
1. Helps to be alert and concentrate. Recent studies have shown that increases the ability to be in a heightened state of alertness and concentration.
Two. Reduces headache. Have a cup of coffee can reduce or eliminate the headache, as this is due to the tension of the brain blood vessels can dilate and coffee, reducing pain intensity.
Three. Reduces the risk of Parkinson’s. If you drink coffee 2 to 3 times more likely to develop the disease than those who do take.
April. No increased risk of osteoporosis. If you consume the necessary amount of calcium in your diet, caffeine does not modify the calcium in your bones.
May. Reduces the risk of developing cancer. Consuming more than two cups of coffee prevents various cancers such as colon or bladder, as coffee contains 300 charities and antioxidants. Even coffee could be the basis for new drugs to fight cancer.
6.’s Antidepressant. Drinking coffee a day reduces by 10% the chances of depression. The opposite happens with caffeinated beverages or soft drinks, which increase the risk. According to a study published by the American Academy of Neurology in 2013, those who consume more than four cans of soda a day are 30% more likely to suffer from depression. So it is with diet or other sugary drinks.
7. Improves athletic performance. According to The New York Times, caffeine, regardless of the sport, helps to perform better and enjoy yourself. According to the report, it has been proven that “caffeine increases the amount of fatty acids circulating in the bloodstream, which enables people to run or pedal longer (since their muscles can absorb and burn that fat for fuel and save carbohydrates for later).”
8. Helps lose weight. According to Huffington Post “coffee provides very few calories (2 per cup), produces satiety and has a slight lipolytic effect, which means that enables the body to consume stored fat.”
9.Ayuda to remember what they learned. A recent study published in the journal Nature Neuroscience, and quoted by El Espectador, concluded that “caffeine enhances memory consolidation within 24 hours of consumption.” In addition to lasting memories, other studies have shown that it can enhance working memory, attention and speed of mental processing.
10. Controls bad breath. Appearances to the contrary, “coffee prevents the development of bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.” Huffington Post explains that this only works when you only drink coffee without milk.
It is good for the heart. When consumed in small amounts, has a cardioprotective effect, says Huffington Post, adding that the abuse is not so good, as when “the coffee dose increases (more than six cups) these properties are lost and even increase the chance of developing serious heart problems.”
11. The coffee does not dehydrate. That I found a study by researchers from the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences.